Marco Sfogli: Sunset Lights
Awesome tune and unbelievable playing!
Sunset Lights is one of the tunes from Marco's There's Hope album, played here in a demo of the Ibanez RG guitar. The camera work tends to veer toward the headstock (and logo) a little too frequently but there's also plenty of great shots of Marco's technique. Watch it fullscreen in HD and you'll really see the details of his playing.
Marco Sfogli Bio
Born in 1980, his first attempt with music came in 1984 when he played with his parents (both musicians) in Schwetzingen, Germany during an encore. But the story starts in 1989 when he received his first electric guitar as a gift: "a Washburn but I don't remember the model". He started to play along with his heroes (Michael Jackson, Van Halen, Europe), while other kids his age usually preferred to play soccer. In 1992 he left the guitar to study the drums, another huge passion. "Being a drummer first and a guitarist second, helped me a lot in terms of creativity and rhythmic knowledge." In 1996 he left the drums because of his growing interest in guitar, especially after an intense listening of Images and Words by Dream Theater. Today, he's a guitar player, a composer and an arranger. He worked for a lot of artists since. In 2005 he flew to Canada to record James LaBrie's third solo release titled Elements of Persuasion which has become a hit with progressive metal fans. Now member of the James LaBrie band, he put out his first solo record titled There's Hope on Feb. 15th 2008 through Lion Music. He also worked on the James LaBrie record Static Impulse as guitar player, co-writer and engineer. Currently he's touring with a NY based band named Creation's End.
Marco Sfogli uses Rash Guitars and has a signature series under his name "Rash MT Monster Marco Sfogli Signature". This guitar features an ebony fingerboard with flamed maple top, mahogony body on the Pro and poplar on the Standard. The Standard is equipped with DiMarzio Air Norton Pickups in neck position and DiMarzio D-Sonic in the bridge and the Pro with DiMarzio D-Sonic in the bridge and DiMarzio Cruiser in the neck and middle positions which attribute to the rich tones in his music. He also uses Mesa Boogie amps and cabinets as his main tonal machines. The 2010 Signature model features a mother of pearl inlay at the 12th fret with his M logo. Marco has stated that on the new James Labrie album, he used DiMarzio D-Activator pickups.
- James LaBrie "Elements of Persuasion" - Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier 2ch - Mesa Boogie Mark III blue stripes - Mesa Boogie Tremoverb
- Alex Argento "EGO" - Mesa Boogie Triaxis/2:90 - Boss GT-6 - Roland Microcube
- The Alchemist II - Mesa Boogie Triaxis
- Magni Animi Viri "Heroes Temporis" - Mesa Boogie Triaxis/2:90 - Mesa Boogie Studio Preamp/2:90
- Jordan Rudess "The Road Home" - Native Instruments Guitar Rig - was also the last record which featured the Music Man JP guitar
- John Macaluso "The Radio Waves Goodbye" - Mesa Boogie Triaxis/2:90 - Lexicon MPXG2
- Shadrane "Temporal" - Boss GT-6
- Marco Sfogli "There's Hope" - Mesa Boogie Studio Preamp/Triaxis/2:90 - Mesa Boogie Lonestar - Native Instruments Guitar Rig - Boss GT-6 - IK Multimedia Amplitube - Roland Microcube - Behringer VAmp2 - Lexicon MPXG2
- Project Damage Control "Mechanism" - Mesa Boogie Studio Preamp/2:90 - Digidesign Eleven - Zoom 9002 Pro - Fractal Audio Axe FX Ultra
- Adam Nitti "Liminal" - Mesa Boogie Lonestar - Zoom 9002 Pro
- Utopia "Ice and Knives" - Fractal Audio Axe FX Ultra
- James LaBrie "Static Impulse" - Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier - Engl Fireball - Fractal Audio Axe FX Ultra
As A Player
- Marco Fasano - e già...!
- NCCP (Nuova Compagnia Di Canto Popolare) - La voce del grano
- NCCP (Nuova Compagnia Di Canto Popolare) - Candelora
- James LaBrie - Elements of Persuasion (2005)
- Jordan Rudess - The Road Home (2007)
- Magni Animi Viri - Heroes Temporis (2006)
- The Alchemist II - The Alchemist II (2007)
- Alex Argento - EGO (2007)
- John Macaluso & Union Radio - Radio Waves Goodbye (2007)
- Shadrane - Temporal (2009)
- Adam Nitti - Liminal (2009)
- Project Damage Control - Mechanism (2010)
- Utopia - Ice And Knives (2010)
- Creation's End - A New Beginning (2010)
- James LaBrie - Static Impulse (2010)
- Marco Sfogli - There's Hope (2008)
- Marco Sfogli official website